BAREFOOTED BEAUTY - Melvita extra-soft foot creme - REVIEW PART 3

17:53 Melka 2 Comments

It's about time to add another review to natural foot creams series, this time it is the Melvita Extra-Soft Foot Cream in the spotlight.


Packaging:
The cream comes in a big tube - 150ml which is very generous amount provided. The product can be easily squeezed out, I noticed however that the tube is made of quite a thick plastic material, which may cause some difficulties when trying to get the last bits of this cream. I guess I will have to use scissors to cut through the tube but this method isn't perfect as it will make the product dry out.
You can find lots of useful information on the label - full list of ingredients, or percentage of ingredients that are of natural origin (98%). what I personally really like about this cream's labelling is that its description comes in many languages: English, French, German, Italian some Spanish and Dutch at the back too. The citizen of the world this cream is.

Texture and Scent:
The texture reminds me of that found in Fromage Frais - a very silky and full fat type. It is a smooth glossy balm, very rich as only a little is needed to cover the whole foot.
The scent reminds me of a mint infusion with hint of soothing lavender. It's very pleasant, it can be smelled on application, it fades away quite quickly though and only delicate aroma of sweet mint, lavender and rosemary is left.

Ingredients and Properties:
The main ingredients are: Grapefruit Seed Extract and Nigella (Black Cumin)Oil for anti-bacterial action, Lavender Flower Water, Mint and Rosemary Leaf Oils to relax and soothe, plus Macadamia Oil to soften the skin.



On Melvita official website and at the back of the label you will learn that this cream will bring relief to hot and tired feet and that it will absorb easily thanks to Macadamia Oil. The recommendation is to keep the cream i a cool place to add the refreshing effect.
This cream contains a few chemicals that some of you won't agree with: Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate - and after reading some articles about these synthetically derived preservatives, it scares me to think they may deprive my skin cells from oxygen. More info here and here
I am still new to these issues though, please let me know what your thoughts are about these infamous ingredients.

My personal experience:
As you know my feet are the perfect TESTER for any foot care product, they are battered by miles ran off the beaten track and all the gruelling turns and twists on tennis court. Melvita cream didn't really absorb that easily, I reduced the amount on the application but this didn't help either. After the cream soaked in, (minimum five minutes wait) I actually felt the big difference - my skin was softened and slightly glowing. For over two weeks of continuous use, I noticed that the areas of harder skin were no longer an issue so a big plus for that. The scent is ok and although strong mint and rosemary essential oils are dominating the composition, they don't linger and don't interfere with your other body care products. I found that the scent actually fades away into a sweet musky note, still can't decide whether I like it or not. I think it kept my feet more resilient to blisters due to its intensive repairing and moisturising properties.
It costs £16 per 150ml tube, which with this cream's rich texture, it will last you longer than expected. 

Have you ever  tried a natural foot cream that works wonders for you? What was so exciting about it? Please stop by and drop me a note. 





You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Just a little trick - if you find you do have to cut through the bottle, do so at around the halfway point. Scoop any excess product from the upper part of the bottle and then squeeze this around the outside forming a new cap, and stopping the product from drying out. Works a treat for me! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing that! :) I knew someone would have dealt with similar problem before. :)

    ReplyDelete