Antipodes Nirvana Hands and Body Wash - Scientific Organic Beauty from New Zealand - Product Review

05:56 Melka 0 Comments

I have been using Nirvana exotic body wash for a week now and every time I step into the shower room I discover new qualities of this product. My choice was based on internet research only, and a few important factors lead me to a final purchase: the family size of the bottle (500ml); the natural and unique formula; the good value for money deal. I bought this shower gel at £11.99 price tag, which was a discounted value found in this online shop - click here.


The Texture and Scent:

Antipodes Nirvana Body Wash has the texture of a runny gel, when applied on a hand it ran through my fingers so extra care is needed in order not to waste any of this cleansing liquid.
The first application brought a burst of refreshing spearmint fumes - exactly what I needed after a hard uphill training session. The minty aroma is a sweet type, just like the one you get when you tear up a few fresh leaves for your salad. While lathering up this gel exploded with ever so pleasant scents of blackcurrant, reminding me of a hot summer blackcurrant season in my mum's garden. Then came the spicy cardamon with just a sprinkle of cinnamon at the very base notes. A truly comforting and uplifting  at the same time sensation.



The Ingredients:

Antipodes Nirvana is formulated using only natural extracts with some very exotic plant actives:
>Hibiscus Flower (moisturising the skin)
>Harekeke Oil - in other words New Zealand Flax (antibacterial and deeply cleansing properties)
>Kiwi Fruit and Green Tea Extract (antioxidant and protective functions)
>Avocado and Jojoba Oil (nourishing and protecting the skin)
>Cardamon (scent)

Additionally you will find a blend of well known in UK and very effective herbal extracts:
>Chamomile (soothing)
>Parsley Seed (purifying and boosting micro-circulation)
>Spearmint (scent)
>Blackcurrant (scent)

Note for the sensitive skins and strict natural beauty enthusiasts: Nirvana has sodium benzoate and  sodium hydroxymethyl glycinate on their ingredients list.


My opinion:

I am happy with how this body wash worked. It gave my skin a squeaky clean feeling with a slight tightening effect, not uncomfortable, but rather, ready for my body moisturiser. It didn't lather a lot under the shower even when I used  a bath sponge, but was enough to feel thoroughly cleansed.
It is a great aromatherapy treatment for all who need reawakening the senses after a tough day or before a long day at work.
I would recommend it to people who lead active lifestyles and who appreciate benefits brought by natural plant extracts. The smell is unisex and can be enjoyed by both men and women. 
The only drawback is the controversial chemicals' existence - I would have definitely repurchased if it wasn't for those potential skin irritants.

I would love to hear of your personal recommendations when it comes to natural body washes, please leave a comment. 

Next up...I have a Trilogy Face Cream Review post, coming live very soon.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: